Tuesday 18 July 2017

The Etceteras



Members

George Teo - lead guitar
Sam Young - bass guitar, vocals
John Gwee - drums, vocals
Andrew Gwee - rhythm guitar, vocals

The Etceteras were originally from Singapore where they were known as the Hilltoppers. They came to the UK in 1962 and played at a London West End nightclub as the Singapore Islanders.
George Teo, Andrew Gwee and John Gwee were only teenagers when they travelled to England.
Managed by Tom Gan.
George Teo was later in The Ying-Tongs and then Simon K and the Meantimers


UK Singles

1964 Where Is My Love / Bengawan Solo                              Oriole  CB 1950
(Released 21 August 1964)
1964 Now I Know / Little Lady                                                Oriole CB 1973
(Released 20 November 1964)
1964 Now I Know (Acetate)                                                    Regent Sound Ltd







10 comments:

  1. Hey! This is so cool, Andrew Gwee from the band is my Grandad! He's old now but still plays guitar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. I wish I could have seen them live.

      Delete
    2. Zoe Geoff worked in the mews in West Hampstead my name is Pat I used to go on the road with the etceteras Johnny and Sam

      Delete
  2. Is there a way to listen to this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Johnny Geoff and Sam used to roady for them in the 60s we were Good mates lost
    Touch in 1986 when I moved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George is my father in law and lives in London - sadly Sam passed recently. If John or Andrew want to get in touch let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors